SASPAC ERP is our core product and provides automation of most day-to-day administrative tasks, including:
- Learner and Educator Details
- Subjects and Marks
The system is fully bilingual, instantly switchable between English or Afrikaans.
Learner & educator details
Personal information is vital to managing day-to-day interaction, in many cases enabling educators to act promptly to requests and incidents.
SASPAC’s information entry, editing and retrieval interface is designed around the most common administrative tasks, such as:
- Enrollment – Streamlined initial bulk entry of learners.
- Updating of address details.
- Searching – Powerful filtering enables location of learners according to exact criteria.
- Browsing – Creation and viewing of lists and grids with specified fields, filtered to requirements.
The processing of absenteeism is enhanced through SASPAC’s absenteeism log, with statistical reports available to facilitate management decisions.
Misdemeanour and merit management is comprehensively catered for according to a code and points system. Detention can be automatically assigned upon reaching specified levels, and attendance logged accordingly – effects of non-attendance are also definable.
Subjects & marks
Thorough assessment recording and reporting capability is provided in SASPAC, with comprehensive and flexible support for OBE (Outcomes Based Education) and auxiliary assessment standards.
SASPAC supports up to 20 assessment cycles, with customisable learning area outcomes for each cycle.
With powerful subject & assessment criteria configuration, this area of the system enables educators to define:
- In-depth subject specifications.
- Outcomes and their validity within each cycle.
- How outcomes are printed on reports.
Subjects are grouped into Subject Sets, which can be assigned in bulk to classes or other groups of learners.
When entering marks, options are available for both bulk and individual processing. Marksheets can be created and filled for defined groups of learners, and individual marks adjusted at any time.
Bulk, flexible calculation of promotions, averages and aggregated consolidations is made easy.
Financial management in SASPAC is fully integrated with other administration functions. Learners are linked through a central family code, which also acts as the unique debtor account code.
Because of the integrated nature, financial information (such as account history) is available in areas where it is commonly required.
- Support for multiple departments – run hostel finances on the same system.
- Audit trail searching – easily locate historic transactions.
- Budgeting – account budgets for periods can be automatically calculated.
- Bulk posting of debtors – once-off posting reduces workload when compared to standard accounting software.
- Individual/bulk entry and printing of receipts – flexibility allows for handling of diverse transaction types.
- Calculations of subsidies
- Statement letters – printable templates which inform debtors of overdue accounts.
- Creditor support
- Bank reconciliation
- Inventory Management
Information becomes a powerful tool in the correct format – reporting within SASPAC is aimed at enabling management decisions with relevant, accurate information.
SASPAC ships with Crystal® Reports, ensuring that information presentation and structure is extremely flexible. The system offers:
- A wide range of standard reports in all categories – from class lists to ID cards to voters rolls.
- Creation and management of custom reports – based on standard report templates to flatten learning curves.
- An industry-standard reporting format – Crystal® is employed in thousands of business applications worldwide.
In addition, SASPAC contains standard South African Education Department marks promotion schedules, customisable and printable.
The technical superiority of an application is but one factor driving its success. SASPAC places as much focus on training and implementation as it does on technical and functional aspects. However, Technically:
- SASPAC runs on an Microsoft® SQL database, utilizing MSDE as the engine.
- The system follows a server and workstation architecture.
- SASPAC is secured through a group and user security policy – access to menus and submenus can be defined per user.
- The number of workstations is only limited by hardware and network capabilities.
- Crystal® Reports standard report files allow for external compatibility and format conversion.
We believe that you’ll appreciate the SASPAC way of doing things. The methodology followed when implementing SASPAC is based on years of experience in education administration, and is focused on people.